I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom to two little boys, ages 3 and 1. I love the ordinary days I spend with them, and desperately try to hang on to each one because the time is flying by much too fast. We spend our days playing, building, chasing, snacking, watching too much tv and trying to inspire a little creativity. One day we hope to add homeschool to that list.

I've lived my entire life in the Chicagoland area, although I think there is really a southern girl hiding somewhere deep down inside. I went to college to play volleyball, and managed to emerge with a degree in English and a Master's degree in education. My husband and I met when I was 19 and have been married for almost 5 years. He lovingly supports my projects and has the decency to wait until I leave the room before rolling his eyes at my latest hair-brained idea. We love living in our 1946 Cape Cod, which we have and will continue to renovate.

I love making stuff. I sew, craft, assemble, decorate, re-decorate, bake and build on a daily basis. Our house is messy and we eat too much carry out, but I love the feeling of doing things myself. I'm drawn to stacks of pretty fabric, colorful paper, sprinkles, ribbons, yarn, polka dots, gingham, little chairs, white dishes, spray paint and tools. I could lose myself for hours in flea markets, IKEA and antique and thrift shops. One day I may actually use all the fabric and supplies I've amassed over the years.

I'm a casual girl. I live in my Uggs in the winter and flip flops in the summer. I wear jeans nearly every day but don't leave the house without putting on make up and ironing my hair. I'm sarcastic, shy, silly, and pretty dorky, but you probably knew that already.

Wanna know anything else? Just ask.

Cheryl's Crafts:




No comments:

Follow Me!