Felt Tortelloni Pasta & Tin

Angie at Treasures for Tots is sharing another great tutorial. I love her stuff. This one is even greater...it's no sew!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------



This is a very easy and cheap,
no sew felt food tutorial!
This is the first time I've ever made this kind of pasta, so to learn how I used a wonderful picture pasta shaping tutorial over at a yummy cooking blog called Palachinka.

Nice!



Tortelloni Supplies:
(makes 12)
1 piece of 9"w
x 12"l dark yellow craft felt cut into 12 3"x3" squares
hot glue gun & glue
12 cotton balls



Turn the felt square so it looks like a diamond. Roll a cotton ball between your hands until it's a little oval-ish, place it in the center of the diamond. Put a dot of glue on the top corner of the felt. Fold until the corners meet and pinch until the glue sets. Your piece will be triangle-shaped now. To close the triangle, add a thin line of hot glue along the inside of both sides.


Pinch it closed until the glue sets. Now fold the bottom of the triangle up, leaving a a small triangle-size "point". While holding the fold in place, reposition your fingers like in the third picture, pinch the sides and curl them around your finger to bring the ends in the front.


Place a dot of glue on one side of the tortelloni, then lay the edge of the other side on top. Pinch until the glue sets. All done! Now it's time to make the tin!



I saw an online picture tutorial a while back that showed you how to turn a Maxwell House tin into a magnet.
It was so neat, but I can't find it!
It was made like the ones I've made here - almost exactly I think.
I'm not positive since I can't find the tute, and I had to make do with what I remembered.
I'm still hunting it so I can post links, and if you have any idea where it's at, please let me know!
I want to give them credit since that's where I got the idea to use it for Serenity's felt pastas.


Tin Supplies:
Maxwell House tin (recycled!)
Mod Podge
card stock paper (I used 2 index sized pieces)
glue stick & paint brush



Measure width of the tin and cut the paper. Apply the glue to the tin.


Put the paper on the tin starting at the tin's seam. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge.
That's it! Let it dry completely before touching it.



All done!!
Look how cute the pasta looks in the tin!
These would make great stocking stuffers for your Darling Stinker, Christmas and Birthday presents too!

Bethany was a HUGE help making the pasta and the tins!
Thank you Bethy!!

This is an awesome project to do with your kids and costs next to nothing to make!
It didn't cost me a penny since I had everything I already needed on hand!

POST-IT-NOTE: Serenity's peas and carrots are from the Learning Resources. They have some of the best play food I've ever seen - very durable and realistic! Serenity has a whole set for her kitchen. In case you were wondering, I don't show the lids for the tins 'cause I didn't want them in the picture, but I still have them.


Tagliatelle noodles:
I modeled these after the ones from Haba. They are $12 on Amazon! So for around 35¢, I bought 1 piece of light brown 9"w x 12"l eco-fi felt at Wal-Mart.

Then to make them, all I did was cut one inch off the length of the felt piece, then cut it into 1/2"w x 11"l strips. They are the same length as the Haba ones and I just guesstimated on the width.

I ended up with 18 {whole wheat} tagliatelle noodles!
Not bad for 35¢!


Here's some other felt food I've made:
Pop-Tarts
Felt Bow-Tie Pasta
Felt Agnolotti Pasta



Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Follow Me!