Play Kitchen

As I brainstormed ideas for my daughters birthday present this year, I knew a play kitchen would be a big hit. However, I just wasn't willing to pay so much money for a hunk of plastic. So, after some searching and brainstorming, I decided to jump in on the re-fashioning trend and turn our old entertainment center into a new play kitchen. With assistance from my husband (the thought of using power tools without him leaves me uneasy), we cranked out this project the last three days... just in time for my daughters birthday today. With a jigsaw, drill, electric screw driver, some paint and a few accessories, her new favorite toy was born! It is a hit, even with my house full of boys! There are still some adjustments we want to make, like a shelf above the pot rack, a different handle for the oven (the other was not on for the pictures), longer curtains above the sink, and a picture decoupaged behind the curtain. I don't think this project will ever be finished as it may just keep evolving.




No comments:

Follow Me!