Desert Snowflakes

Victoria at The City Cradle sent me this fun snowflake tutorial. I think I might make some for my house... but then again the foot of snow we got outside over the weekend may be enough for me :)

----------------------------------------------------------

I am excited to have the chance to be sharing with you this week all the lovely details of Dude and Chica’s first birthday party. While I get the pictures and my sappy emotions in order I thought you would enjoy making a few easy 3-D snowflakes today.

This project was inspired by a morning meandering through my favorite store where I happened upon the sales staff making snowflakes out of tissue paper, tulle and chicken wire for their winter window display. It looked so lovely I just had to recreate a similar project at home.

We used these props first for our winter photo shoot. They created a whimsical feeling of winter even in the desert. Here is a sneak peak-

christmas-snowflake1

After coming home I tied the two boxes together to make one large snowflake. It is lovely and it fits the free & recyclable Christmas decorating plan of the year.

Christmas snowflake 7

The snowflakes were made out of empty tissue boxes and white present paper. I first poked holes in all but one side of the tissue box. I stuffed it with the paper and used a bit of leftover tulle to give it that snowy bling. Super easy and basically free.

christmas-snowflake2

Now it hangs in our living room and where we can cozy up under it and pretend that it really is blistery outside.

christmas-snowflake 3

Is it snowing where you live? Lately, I have been really hoping for a white Christmas to visit us here in the desert.

No comments:

Follow Me!