I’m a stay at home mother of 4, my husband and I have been married for almost 12 years, we’re both from California and now find ourselves living in a super small town of 500 people in the middle of nowhere Utah.

As a newly married we were under a tight budget. Second hand stores were my best friends and I loved to find things to create other pieces for my house. It was at this time that I fell in love with sewing. I saw stitchery everywhere on cute pillows and wanted to do that too. I learned to stitch but couldn’t afford the patterns. I started making my own and well that’s when my stitchery business started. Since then I’ve slowly moved away from stitchery and more into sewing quilts and house wares. I love to see something in a store or a magazine and try to re-create or think “how can I make that better?”

I love to make stuff and with that I love to teach others how to do things as well. That’s why I love to do tutorials and create patterns. I do so on my blog V & Co. and you can also see my tutorials using MODA fabrics on the MODA website.

I hope to continue to learn and think up new things, it’s one of the things that makes me happy, along with being a mother and a wife.

Vanessa's Crafts:

No comments:

Follow Me!