Jewelry - Week 8

Craft #1 - Upcycled Bracelets

I bought this handbag at the thrift store a while back. I loved the color. The shape of the bag wasn't my style, but I knew I could do something else with it.

These are my creations.

Other than the bag the only supplies I needed were a few beads, a needle and thread.

My favorite thing about repurposing things is that most of the hard work is done for you. I was able to use parts that were already finished at the edges making my job easier.
Now I just have to decide which one to keep and which to give away.




Craft #2 - Shine Through The Rain Necklace



I wanted to come up with a cute necklace out of felt that symbolized one of my favorite things. Not only do I love rainstorms, but they are even better when it's sunny out! I also the meaning that shining through the rain holds for myself. I love how this necklace turned out and I love that it means something to me too!




Craft #3 - Fabric Scrap Bracelet


Upcycled. Recycled. Multi-Functional. Big. Bold. Beautiful. That's what it's all about. With Jewelry these days anything goes. I took an old belt and some fabric scraps and created a stunning bracelet.

The best part is that the flowers are detachable. You can exchange them in and out with many many others that I will show you how to create in the winning tutorial.
It doesn't stop there. Take the flower off of the bracelet and add it to your favorite ball chain to create an elegant necklace. Or take that flower and add it to a hair elastic to create pony tail jewelry. Or take the flower and add it to your favorite headband for a gorgeous hair jewelry piece.
It's amazing what you can create with items you have around the house. And with my interchangeable bracelet creation and scrap flower the possibilities are endless. At least 4 jewelry pieces in one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that first one has potential and lots of possibilities.

Teri said...

Gorgeous work, ladies! Such great ideas!! :)

1 Funky Woman said...

I so love the purse bracelets you made. The color is fab. I am amazed that you even thought to do that!

~L~ said...

Now this is what my blog is all about so I. AM. LOVING. this theme! my fav: the purse bracelets!

Anonymous said...

love the purse idea! I wonder what Kristen would have made?

Ashley said...

I want those upcycled bracelets!! Beautiful & unique!

mommy Orkid Belle said...

All your creations are fun. I love the ruffled bracelet?!? So cute!

Adin B

Follow Me!